Monday, May 7, 2012

Timing

Manic Monday!!  and all that comes with it....


My glass is usually half-full as I am truly grateful for every single day and all the blessings in my life.  But somedays, I just have these really unbecoming thoughts entering my head.  It really must just be the old devil trying to wreak havoc in my life.  


Well, that was how my morning started.  Negative, unproductive, not worth thinking thoughts flashing through my head.  Causing hurt, fear, anger, anxiety and other negative emotions, these ugly thoughts just really capped off this already dreary Monday morning.


Then, an amazing thing happened.  I read my morning devotion.  Does God really know what we need when we need it?  You better believe it!!  


My devotion was about negative thoughts!  It included this prayer that was meant just for me to pray today.  


Dear Heavenly Father, sometimes my thoughts run wild. I believe things are true when they aren’t and don’t believe things are true when they are. Help me to take every thought captive that is not of You. Fill me with Your Truth.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen.



Isn't it amazing that He always knows what we need and when we need it?  How could we ever doubt that God's plan is perfect?  If you had the kind of morning I did, I hope this prayer helps you, too.


Have a great Monday, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. He does always know, the difficult part is letting go and trusting His plan!! I needed to hear this today so thank you for sharing.....you balance a lot of things on those shoulders and do an amazing job :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete