Friday, February 24, 2012

Sweet memory!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.


Whether it was original or not remains unknown but I first heard (and was reminded over and over) of this phrase by an employer, a friend, a wise and successful mentor, Marigail Mathis.


When this phrase came to mind today, I instantly thought of her gentle spirit; strong and courageous, adventurous and determined, yet mild mannered and kind.  Well, at least unless you pushed her buttons too hard at which point you might get a little glimpse of the fire that fueled her adventurism.  [[Smile]]


What a blessing she was to me.  Her encouragement and subtle criticism motivated me like no one else could.  She dug out the determination in me and planted courage that I didn't even know I had.  It would be years later before I discovered how to apply the confidence and attitude that she inspired and made me who I am today. 


We shared a difficult journey with an unknown course.  We arrived at different destinations.  Even so, her strength and grace are still inspiring me with gentle reminders like today.   


Do something for others.


Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.


And thanks for the memories, Marigail.

No comments:

Post a Comment